Our practice collects and holds personal information about you so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
The type of personal information we collect may include:
- Personal details (name, address, date of birth, Medicare number)
- Your medical history
- Notes made during the course of a medical consultation
- Referral to other health services providers
- Results and reports received from other health service providers
- Credit card or direct debit information for billing purposes
Wherever practicable we will collect this information from you personally – either at the practice, over the phone, via written correspondence or via internet if you transact with us online.
In some instances, we may need to collect information about you from other sources such as referring doctors, treating specialists, pathology, radiology, hospitals or other health care providers.
In an emergency, we may collect information from your immediate family, friends or carers.