Moroccan Patties with lemon and herb cous cous
Ingredients: serves four for Lap-Band, 6-8 serves for Sleeve/Bypass.
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Sanitarium Veggie Delights Lentil Patties (1 pkt)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 cup of cous cous
- 2 cups salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- A few fresh mint leaves, broken up with fingers
- Mesclun salad to serve
- Mix grated carrots with sultanas and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place the lentil patties on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush top with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the Moroccan seasoning and crushed cumin seeds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 15 minutes, then turn, brush other side with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining Moroccan seasoning and cumin seeds. Bake for a further 15 minutes.
- In the meantime mix the cous cous, parsley and coriander in bowl. Bring vegetable stock to a simmer, pour over cous cous and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, fluff cous cous with fork then divide between 4 plates.
- Top each plate with a Moroccan Patty, sprinkle with broken-up mint leaves and serve, with carrot salad and mesclun salad on the side.