Enjoy a Balsamic Vegetable Bake. Add some lean meat, chicken or fish, and stir through 1 cup of cous cous for a complete meal! Or have as a cold roast salad.
Ingredients: (serve 6)
- 2 baby thinly sliced eggplant with skin (200 grams)
- 4 baby zucchini, cut into strips (200 grams)
- ½ large cubed red capsicum (150 grams)
- ½ large cubed yellow capsicum (150 grams)
- 1 medium red onion cut into wedges (100 grams)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (20 ml)
- 2 chopped cloves garlic (6 grams)
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix prepared eggplant, zucchini, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, onion, balsamic vinegar and garlic together.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Cover with foil and bake in 220 C° oven for 15 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and stir in basil and parsley.
- Reserve a little basil to garnish the top.
Adapted from Optifast recipe ideas