Savoury but Sweet Spring Salad!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2x tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1x medium zucchini ( chopped)
- ½ cup chopped butternut pumpkin
- 4 cups of Spinach leaves
- Cannelloni beans ( 425g can)
- Canned pineapple ( diced)
- Canned baby beetroot
- ½ cup of lemon juice Lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves ( chopped)
- 1 tblsp Mustard seeded spread
- Add pumpkin and oil to a pan on medium heat and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Once the pumpkin has softened, add the tomato and zucchini to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lemon juice, garlic and mustard seeded spread to a bowl and mix well, then pour over the cooked pumpkin, zucchini and tomato as it is cooking in the pan, stir occasionally.
- Arrange spinach on a plate and top with the cooked vegetables from the pan. Add ¼ can of beans and a tablespoon of pineapple pieces and 1-2 baby beets to each plate.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice and garlic dressing over salad if desired.