A delicious low fat risotto straight from the oven.
Ingredients: (Serves 8 - 10)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cup boiling water
- 20 g vegetable (reduced salt) stock cube, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves or chopped spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives (or another herb of your choice)
- Combine rice, water, stock cube, margarine and mushrooms into a large ovenproof dish. Cover dish tightly with lid.
- Bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir through spinach leaves, parmesan and chives, then serve.
- Serve with a green and colorful salad!
Nutritional information (per serve)
Energy per slice: 207 cal, 34g carbohydrates, 5g fat, 7g protein
Source: Calorie King