Dietitian’s Recipe of the week!
- 3 (680g) skinless chicken breast fillets ( or thigh if better tolerated)
- Olive oil spray
- 200g Chang's rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Spray chicken with oil. Season with pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, for 6 to 7 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover, set aside for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place chicken, noodles, carrot, cucumber, wombok, mint, coriander and bean sprouts in a bowl.
- Make dressing: Using a fork, whisk sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and garlic in a jug. Season with pepper. Pour dressing over noodle mixture. Toss to combine.
- Serve, enjoy & eat slowly…
Nutrition: 295 calories, Protein: 29g Carbohydrate: 35.8g, Fibre: 4.40g