Couscous and Vegetable Stuffed Capsicums
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling salt reduced vegetable stock
- 2 small red capsicums
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen Birds Eye Peas and Supersweet Corn, cooked following packet directions
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- Stir boiling stock through couscous, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cut capsicums in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and discard. Place capsicum halves onto a baking paper lined tray or ovenproof dish.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork. Stir in Birds Eye Peas and Super sweet Corn, tomato, egg, spring onion, basil leaves and cheese; mixing well. Spoon mixture into capsicum halves and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes. Serve as an entrée or with a side salad.
Source: Simplot Australia for the Heart Foundation