Dietitian's Recipe of the week!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 1/2 (about 1kg) cauliflower heads, separated into florets
- 4 slices bacon or ham, diced
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g shelled and deveined small raw prawns
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 100g Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 large handful of bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- In a large frying pan or wok, fry the bacon over high heat until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan over high heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, or until softened. Stir in the prawns, mushrooms and ginger and cook for another few minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until tender. Add bacon, egg, soy sauce, sprouts, spring onion, herbs and some salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
Adapted from: www.aww.com.au/food/recipes/2014/2/pete-evans-cauliflower-fried-rice