Dietitian's Recipe of the week!
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup natural/Greek yoghurt (Chobani plain Greek yoghurt is my favorite)
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons powdered gelatine (measure this very accurately)
- 100 ml warm water
- In a cup, sprinkle the gelatine over 100 ml of warm water. Let the gelatine soak into the water for 5 mins.
- In the meantime, bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan on medium heat. Once the mixture reaches the boil, quickly remove the pan from the heat.
- Using a spoon, stir the gelatine and water mixture. The gelatine will have absorbed all the water and have become a paste. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the gelatine mixture into the hot milk, and with a whisk quickly whisk the mixture to dissolve the gelatine. It is important to whisk and work quickly here to stop the gelatine from clumping together.
- Leave mixture to cool, approximately 15 minutes (this step is important to prevent curdling)
- When cool, whisk in the yoghurt until well combined
- If mixture splits, it is because the milk was too hot. This is ok, simply place mixture in a blender for 30 seconds
- Pour mixture into 4 individual moulds. Cover each with cling film to prevent the top hardening.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 3 hours.
Eat with fresh fruit and enjoy!
Recipe from: http://www.thenutritionguruandthechef.com/2014/10/04/yoghurt-panna-cotta