Dietitian's Recipe of the week!
- 1 cup oats
- 3 large beets peeled and cubed
- 1 head of kale, ripped into tiny pieces (use spinach if you cannot find kale)
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 a bag of frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 2 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- For the roasted beets and sweet potatoes: Place veggies in a ziplock bag and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Seal the bag and shake ingredients until veggies are fully coated. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet lined with foil and roast for 35 to 40 minutes. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to flip your veggies about halfway through. Cook until vegetables are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Mix all your ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and toss together.
- Eat and enjoy your delicious salad packed full of nutritional goodness!
Adapted from: http://lindawagner.net/blog/2013/10/superfood-salad-recipe-for-weight-loss