Dietitian’s Recipe of the week!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size florets Corn tortillas
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 large avocado, seed removed and diced
For the Lime Crema
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Stir in chickpeas and cauliflower florets. Place seasoned chickpeas and cauliflower on a greased baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally during cooking, until chickpeas are slightly crispy and cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the lime crema, place the Greek yogurt in a small bowl. Add fresh lime juice and cilantro. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Take a corn tortilla and place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top. Top with red cabbage, jalapeño slices, avocado. Drizzle lime crema over the tacos and serve!