Dietitian’s Recipe of the week! 10 minutes preparation and 6 minutes cooking time.
Ingredients: (serve 4)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 200g lean lamb steak, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 225g can chopped tomatoes
- 160ml can light coconut milk
- 100g bag baby spinach
- ½ a 20g pack coriander, chopped (about 1 tbsp)
- Dry-fry the cumin seeds for about 20 secs in a wok, then add half the oil and stir-fry the lamb for about 1 min until browned, but not cooked all the way through. Tip onto a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the wok, then stir-fry the pepper and chilli for a couple of mins until softened. Stir in the curry paste, tomatoes and coconut milk with half a can (from the tomatoes) of water, then simmer for about 5 mins until saucy. Add the lamb, spinach and coriander, stir until the spinach has wilted, then serve with 1/3 cup basmati rice
Recipe adapted from: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13140/speedy-lamb-and-spinach-curry