Dietitian’s Recipe of the week!
Ingredients: (serve 4–6)
- 400g chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly spray large sauté pan or cast iron skillet with oil over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown, working in batches, a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, spices and beans.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over top of the chicken. Cook, covered, on the stove top until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, about ten minutes. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.