Dietitian's recipe of the week! Middle Eastern Stuffed Capsicum.
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Middle Eastern spice mix
- 600g lean beef mince
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 small red capsicum, halved lengthways, deseeded
- 1/2 cup thick Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray frying pan with oil. Over medium heat add onions, zucchini, pine nuts and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to high. Add spice mix. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 6 minutes or until browned. Add stock. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup coriander to mince mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place capsicums, cut-side up, into a shallow baking dish. Spoon mince mixture into capsicums. Cover with foil. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until capsicums are just tender.
- Top each capsicum with a dollop of yoghurt. Sprinkle with lemon rind and remaining coriander.
Source: Adapted from taste.com