Dietitian's recipe of the week! Spanish Omlette.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sausage coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs and 3 egg whites beaten
- 4 tbsp freshly grated low fat cheese
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are soft but still retain their shape. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the potatoes, peppers, sausage, onion and garlic.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until everything is sticky and golden.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and reduce the heat.
- Cook slowly until the omelette is lightly set.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and grill until golden.
- Serve either hot or at room temperature.
Source: Adapted from body+soul